Don’t just take our word for it. Read some of the comments our guests have made about Fingle Bed and Breakfast.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and stay in your lovely home. After all the stories Stephen told me it was a pleasure meeting you both in person. We love Lyme Regis and the surrounding areas and had a wonderful vacation. Hopefully we will meet again in the future. I and S from Netherlands – 21 to 27 April 2018
Absolutely lovely, wonderful breakfast, great stay. We will be back. J and D from Conway November
So enjoyed our stay with such hospitality. We would have loved to have stayed much longer. A and D from Spain September.
We have had a lovely few days here in Lyme Regis. Jane and James made us so welcome and relaxed. We are going home with tales of ‘the fish and crabs that got away’, happy memories of family time with our son and his fiancee. Here at the time of The Fireball Championships, we have not only enjoyed watching the boats come and go, but fabulous street food too. If you ever get the chance we recommend Persian street food. (I wish I could reproduced the picture that was drawn with this comment, it is of the boats sailing in the harbour.) 21 and 22 August, M & T, Hampshire Ammonite and Belemnite Room
We have just spent another 7 nights at Fingle. Absolutely everything is top notch. Thank you Jane and James for your wonderful hospitality as always, 9 August, C & G, Cumbria Ammonite Room
Home from home. Thank you for a lovely stay, very welcoming, amazing flapjacks and breakfast fabulous. We will definitely recommend. 28 and 29 July, N & A, Coventry Ammonite Room
Our 6th stay at Fingle. Love everything – warm welcome, friendly, comfortable bedroom, amazing breakfasts, great hosts. Always recommend. 24-29 July, C & R, Witney Ammonite Room
Once again we have had a great 5 days staying at Fingle. Each year we try new restaurants and this year we visited the Rock Point in Lyme Regis. Extensive menu plus a specials board, good value, pleasant surroundings and clean. Food was excellent. James and Jane are ‘second to none’ so we include them on our ‘specials list’. 24 June -30 June. J and D, Kent Ammonite Room
What can we add to previous comments? The only comment is we feel part of the family having been back time after time. Thank you. J & D as above
We love coming to stay at Fingle. Super room, lovely and clean. Plus fantastic breakfasts. Hope to see you again next year for the Axe Vale Festival. 16 and 17 June, P and J Ammonite Room
Thank you again Jane and and James we have had a wonderful stay. Love the breakfast and the apricots were scrummy. The ‘new boy’ who waited on us at breakfast was very attentive. We think you should keep him on!! We ate at The Taste of India, Silver Street, Lyme Regis and the food was excellent. Must remember to take own wine. We have been to Beer which is always a joy. We visited Burrow Farm Gardens near Axminster, well worth a visit, so much to see. We went to Strinsford to see Thomas Hardy’s grave, the church is lovely. We also visited Thomas Hardy’s cottage the garden was at its best lots of flowers. Fingle garden is beautiful and full of different things. Thank you for sharing. Our friends had a wonderful time too. A & A, Lichfield 12, 13, 14 June 2017 Ammonite Room
An excellent stay again. Jane and James made us feel so welcome. Breakfasts are to die for. We ate at the Taste of India in Lyme Regis on Silver Street, excellent food. We will be back again. Thank you so much. R & G, Lichfield 12, 13, and 14 June 2017 Belemnite Room
Clean and very comfy room, lovely breakfasts, nothing was too much trouble for Jane and James. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your great hospitality. B & S, Tavistock 3 and 4 June 2017 Ammonite Room
Another great stay with James and Jane. Excellent meal at Masons Arms, Branscombe, great welcome from the staff, fabulous scallops and cheeseboard. Pilot Boat Inn, Lyme Regis, very good fish and chips, unpretentious, booking advisable. Tytherleigh Arms a cab ride away but well worth it, skate fabulous. Off to get pasties from the bakery in Lyme to take home. J & M, London, 26, 27, 28 May 2017 Ammonite Room
Really enjoyed our stay with Jane and James, they really are a great couple, so friendly and welcoming. We had two meals out in Lyme Regis. We ate at By the Bay on Marine Parade. The service was great and the food too was excellent. Our second meal was at the local pub, The Talbot Arms, 5 minutes walk away. Again the food was lovely, all home cooked and piping hot. Highly recommended. You do need to check though as evening meals are not available every evening. We will certainly return to this b and b at the earliest opportunity. A & T, Northampton 16, 17, 18 May 2017 Ammonite Room
Yet another wonderful stay with Jane and James – this time for four nights. I had two lovely meals at the Royal Standard – fabulous fish soup one night, scallops another and lemon possett to die for on both nights. A lovely lunch at The Old Black Dog – delicious brie and bacon roll served with salad and an extra cheese scone. All home made and great value for money. Mind you by far the best place for food is the breakfast provided by Jane and James – scrumptious. Thank you for another perfect stay. J, Fareham. 12 – 16 March 2017, Ammonite Room
We have just had a fabulous three night stay and cannot recommend highly enough. Knew we were onto a winner with a welcoming tray of tea and homemade flap jacks. We have eaten and walked and eaten and walked …… lovely.
Talbot Arms: nice homemade pub food and only a five minute walk away.
Millside Restaurant: all food freshly made and very tasty.
Cornish Bakery: fantastic pastries! Perfect with a coffee.
The Royal Standard: great quality and huge portions.
But try Jane’s homemade preserves, the rhubarb and vanilla is fabulous but pales into insignificance compared to the lemon curd and I dont even like lemon curd!! A and J, Chelmsford, 5-8 March 2017, Ammonite Room
- Fabulous stay as ever. Jane and James even fixed the weather, 5 days of sunshine. Food at The Talbot Arms was delicious, fish pie almost as good as mum’s. The Royal Standard also does a fabulous fish soup – could stand the spoon up in it. Great breakfasts as ever, comfy bed – perfect hosts, see you again soon. J, Fareham. 18-23 October 2016. The Ammonite Room
- Fantastic stay in every way. Superb hosts, thank you so much for everything. T & B, Worcester. 5-7 September 2016. The Belemnite Room
- Brilliant stay. Wonderful welcome. Thank you for welcoming us into your home. Best breakfast ever. J & M, Brighton. 18-20 August 2016. The Belemnite Room
- Looked on TripAdvisor and found this gem. Jane and James made us welcome with a tray of tea and homemade flapjack. Jane booked a table for us at The Hunter’s Lodge, which was very good. N & A, Coalville. 15-18 August 2016. The Belemnite Room
- Jane and James have been excellent hosts and helped to make our stay so lovely. Thank you also for the delicious jame and homemade granola at breakfast. We would definitely recommend the walk from the bottom of the garden along the river and into Lyme Regis. Whilst there visit the seafrom restaurant Ocean View, delicious foom and excellent service. This beautiful b and b, coupled with Jane and James as the perfect hosts made our stay perfect in every way. L & R , Fareham. 8-10 August 2016. The Belemnite Room
- Fantastic bed and breakfast with very welcoming hosts and an excellent breakfast. We can highly recommend the homemade granola. Thank you. A & C, Hertford, 2-3 July The Belemnite Room
- Thank you for a lovely stay at your bed and breakfast, excellent breakfast and lovely hosts. Lyme Regis and around is beautiful. We hope to you you again, thank you Jane and James. N & G, Hertford, 24-27 June The Belemnite Room
- A wonderful break. All the extra luxuries that you provide were a treat. Martin and I loved it all. There is nothing to beat the peace tht Uplyme provides. Great walks but is your sunny smiles that we will remember. Thank you Jane and James. PS You make the best breakfasts on the planet. C & M, Switzerland, 30 May to 3 June 2016 The Belemnite Room
- Great stay. Lovely room, hosts and breakfasts. We will be back. N & J, Nuneaton, May 2016 The Ammonite Room
- Many thanks to Jane and James for a lovely weekend. We were made to feel very welcome and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Breakfasts were superb, the room is very clean and the location is great – what more could we have asked for. We will certainly recommend Fingle B and B. Thank you. T & S, Portsmouth, April 2016 The Belemnite Room
- Really enjoyed our stay. Lovely comfortable room and great breakfasts. K & J, Derbyshire, April 2016 The Ammonite Room
- Thank you for making us so welcome in your beautiful home, bedroom very comfortable and fabulous shower room. How lovely to have our own lounge to relax in. Super breakfasts. Great to be able to walk into Lyme and not use the car. J & M Kenilworth 6-10 April 2016 The Ammonite Room
- We’ve enjoyed 3 lovely nights at Fingle our first stay with Jane and James – we’ll definitely be back. A true home from home, we were made to feel welcome from the minute we arrived. The Ammonite Room is beautiful with the added bonus of an extremely comforable bed. The new shower room is stunning and has everything that you could wish for – and more. K & D Wiltshire 25-28 March 2016 The Ammonite Room
- Lovely few days in Lyme – Fingle is a great place to relax and unwind, fantastic breakfasts (nearly couldn’t eat lunch!) We would certainly come to Fingle and Uplyme again. Going home totally relaxed. D & L Witney 17-20 March 2016 The Ammonite Room
- We had a lovely time here, thank you for everything. E and G, Co- Tyrone. The Ammonite Room.
- Thank you for making this special weekend that extra bit more wonderful. Once again we had a fantastic time staying with you. J and R, Manchester. 15-18 January. The Ammonite Room.
- A little piece of heaven, so peaceful here. I have slept better than I have in ages. Your granola is the best I have ever eaten. Thank you. P, Kent. 10-15 December The Ammonite Room.
- We’ve had a wonderful stay in your lovely, peaceful home. Thank you, we will be back. S and K, London. 1-3 November. The Ammonite Room.
- Yet another fabulous stay – thank you so much. Please can we come back again. J and C, Fareham. 13-15 October. The Ammonite and Belemnite Room
- Thanks again for letting us stay in your lovely home – peaceful and relaxing and pretty. M and J. Chipstead, 4-6 September. The Belemnite Room.
- Thank you Jane and James for a fantastic few days with you. You are fantastic hosts with a great B and B. B and S. Bristol. 2-6 August. The Ammonite Room
- Stellar stay with Jane and James. All those little touches that mean so much. Thank you. S and S. Shropshire. 27 July – 2 August. The Ammonite Room
- Thank you for your welcome, your hospitality and lovely breakfasts. We couldn’t have asked for more. Definitely 5* Jane. A and E. North Yorkshire. 9-16 July. The Ammonite Room
- A lovely time to have a summer break. a lovely house, spotlessly clean. A great variety for breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts and we will certainly be visiting again. Thank you. J & D, Kent, 9-12 July, The Belemnite Room
- Had a lovely stay here at Fingle. Rooms excellent, clean and well presented. The breakfast was excellent – kept us going for most of the day! Walked into Lyme Regis each day, along the river, this went through woodland, passed a mill and over a field, saw fish in the river near the town. so much to do, a great 3 days. M & Y, Nottingham and S & S, Portsmouth. 6-9 July 2015, The Ammonite Room and The Belemnite Room
- A delightful stay in a lovely B and B. Delicious breakfasts with so many homemade treats. Thank you very much. R & P and E, Leigh-on-Sea. 3-6 July 2015 The Ammonite Room and The Belemnite Room
- We have stayed at Fingle for 4 nights. The breakfasts have been delicious – different fruit every day! Thoroughly spoiled. Great hospitality from Jane and James. A lovely house in a peaceful village. Thank you so much J & G Chorley 21-25 June 2015 The Ammonite Room
- What a gem Fingle is a lovely break, brilliant hosts. Great breakfasts with homemade jams, lemon curd, muesli and granola, positively scrummy. Thank you Jane and James P & S Cornwall 26-29 June 2015 The Belemnite Room
- Thanks for superb hospitality, immaculately clean room and shower room, lovely breakfasts with homemade jams etc. Very glad I chose Fingle B and B for my stay, when doing my course at River Cottage. Thank you. Per, Kent 13 & 14 June 2015, The Belemnite Room
- We came here with friends who had stayed with Jane and James before, they were not overstating what an excellent B and B this is. Breakfasts were really scrummy. Hospitality second to none. We ate at Lal Qilla indian Restuarnt in Lyme Regis and at The Talbot Arms in Uplyme both were very good. Really enjoyed the walk along the River into Lyme Regis, very pretty. We shall be coming back. Thank you Jane and James. R & G, Lichfield 7-10 June 2015 The Belemnite Room
- Thank you again for a lovely stay, our third. Beautiful food and your friendship. A & A, Lichfield, 7-10 June 2015 The Ammonite Room
- Without doubt the best bed and breakfast we have ever stayed in. Huge thanks to Jane and James – outstanding hosts. The BEST breakfast with homemade delights. Delightful stay. K & L and S & A, Kent, 22-24 May, 2015 The Ammonite Room and The Belemnite Room
- Thank you for looking after us so well. Beautiful breakfast with homemade goodies. Much appreciated. L & J. Brisbane, Queensland. 17 May 2015 The Belemnite Room
- Jane and James, thank you so much for a lovely stay. Fingle is a delight. Trip Advisor to be informed :). We had a lovely walk into town and back and had a great meal at Lal Qilla (Indian Restaurant – bring your own alcohol). Breakfast was delicious too. A walk up Golden Cap required to balance out the calorie surplus!! D & N. Kent. 12 May 2015 The Belemnite Room
- We had such a lovely stay, very comfortable, lovely views, lovely hosts and lovely breakfasts. We came for a wedding so spent much of our stay at the venue (The Talbot Arms) which catered and the food was excellent. We had pastries in Lyme Regis which has so many independent shops. Thank you. C & S Cambridge 8 & 9 May The Belemnite Room
- Lovely Bed and Breakfast. Excellent breakfast. We had a lovely stay, thank you. 5 STAR. R & B Luton 26 April The Belemnite Room
- Lovely hosts and accommodation. Appreciated all the home-made touches, thank you. P & T Warwickshire 25 April The Belemnite Room
- Our party of 12 stayed a week in Lyme Regis (not all at Fingle!) and we all enjoyed it, from 6 years old to 70+. Lyme Regis has steadily improved, from seaside town to an elegant achievement. My stay at ‘Fingle’ continues my connection with Lyme Regis, from a sparse post-war time to a vivacious and special modernity.Thank you so much. Read Mike’s full and comprehensive description of their holiday and recommendations on my Blog pageMike, Brighton 27 March – 3 April 2015 The Ammonite Room
- Thank you for a wonderful stay at Fingle Bed and Breakfast, Uplyme, Lyme Regis. Jane and James could not have been more accommodating. Our guests will be very happy to stay with you during our wedding celebrations in July. Could not have asked for more. Love M & G, Bath 28 & 29 March The Belomnite Room
- Thank you for your wonderful hospitality Jane and James. We had a relaxing stay in your lovely Fingle B & B. Highly recommend The Tytherleigh Arms – great fresh and local food, cooked well. We had a lovely walk around Beer and then headed to the St Michael’s Trading Estate in Bridport, as advised by Jane, for lots of lovely antiques. M & S, London, 26 & 27 March 2015 The Belomnite Room
- What a delightful place to stay. Jane, thank you for your beautiful hospitality and the lovely surroundings of you home. 5 Star. P and W, Reading, 14 & 15 March 2015 The Ammonite Room