Fingle Bed and Breakfast is situated on a lane in the tranquil village of Uplyme just a short distance from Lyme Regis. It is the perfect setting for a quiet, comfortable escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. You can walk through a gate in the garden, along The Glen and follow the river Lim to Lyme Regis. This rural walk is a popular walk with holiday makers.
Fingle Bed and Breakfast is perfectly located for you to explore the Jurassic Coast and there are many superb restaurants to visit during your stay. For example,
- Hix Oyster and Fish House is set in Langmoor Gardens overlooking The Cobb. www.hixoysterandfishhouse.co.uk
- River Cottage HQ Park Farm offers delicious meals and events. www.rivercottage.net
- River Cottage Canteen in Axminster is a favourite with both locals and visitors. www.rivercottage.net
- The Millside Restaurant, Lyme Regis
- Largigi, Lyme Regis www.largigi.com
- The Giant Club, Axminster www.thegiantclub.co.uk
There is also a range of other restaurants, cafes and bars in and around Lyme Regis. For example:
There are walks around Uplyme and the surrounding area and as well as the picturesque walk into Lyme Regis. Fingle Bed and Breakfast is the ideal base for walkers that wish to take in the breath-taking scenery and explore the geology of this unique environment. Lyme Regis itself is on the South West Coast Path and the Undercliff walk between Lyme Regis and Axmouth is popular with visitors.
Lyme Regis and its neighbouring town of Charmouth are famous for fossil hunting. Please be aware that the professional fossil hunters do not go near the cliffs. Amazing finds are on the beach as the water and tides if the mud and shale from the cliffs.
Lyme Regis is popular with watersport enthusiasts. Paddle Boards and Kayaks can be hired from Lyme Regis.
- The Tackle Box (tackle and kayak hire)
- Lyme Regis Sea School
- Sailing Club
- Sea Angling Club
Arts and Crafts
- Dawn works and runs courses from her studio on the East Devon/Dorset border near Lyme Regis. www.bluebirdatdawn.com
- Lyme Regis Arts Fest
History & Culture
- The Lyme Regis Museum
- The Aquarium
- The Town Mill (with working watermill, art gallery, micro brewery, pottery and more)
Lyme Regis has a variety of shops, art galleries and cafes.
These are only a few of the many experiences that Lyme Regis and the area offers, we look forward to welcoming you to our home so that you may enjoy a relaxing break.
Bike Tours and Rentals
Try an electric bike tour along the stunning Jurassic Coast or in the charming Marshwood Vale with award-winning Jurassic Electric Bikes. www.jurassic-electric.co.uk